A good game for large classes and for reviewing vocabulary lessons.
- Prepare a list of review vocabulary words.
- Write each word on two small pieces of paper. That means writing the word twice, once on each paper.
- Organize the pieces like bundles, 2 bundles, 2 sets of identical words.
- Divide the class into 2 teams. get them to make creative team names.
- Distribute each list of words to both teams. every student on each team should have a paper. Both teams have the same words.
- When you call a word, 2 students should stand up, one from each team. The students must then run to the blackboard and race to write a sentence using their word.
The winner is the one with a correct and clearly written sentence.
This is always a hit with kids. For more advanced students, use tougher words.
Submitted by: Thomas D. J-B
Taken from: http://iteslj.org/c/games.html